My mom gave me this recipe and I loved it. It was a great Sunday dinner, fast, pretty and delicious. I felt like a real chef while making it.
1 lb. farfalle pasta (bowtie; I used colored pasta)
2 T. butter
3/4 to 1 lb. mushrooms
1 lb. thin asparagus, cut into 1-in. pieces
1 c. mascarpone cheese (1 tub) (found in specialty cheese section in grocery store)
pinch of nutmeg
1 rotisserie chicken (Costco is best), shredded into bite-size pieces
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (I didn't use these, sorry mom)
1/4 c. freshly grated parmesan
Cook farfelle until al dente, about 12 minutes. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute 5 minutes. Add asparagus and saute 5 minutes (We like our asparagus a little softer, not crisp, so I cooked it longer). Add farfelle and chicken. Stir in mascarpone cheese and nutmeg. Toss until cheese coats the pasta. Season pasta with salt and pepper. Mound pasta in large serving bowl. Top with Parmesan cheese and walnuts. Serves 6.
2 out of 3 kids approve!
5 comments:
Looks pretty good your kids are good sports I am sure my kids would think they were picked on for sure if I fixed them asparagus!
They picked out the asparagus...So they aren't really good sports.
That looks real good I think i'll try it, 2 out of 3 is not bad. Paul & Amanda & me really like asparagus..
I needed something for dinner tonight thanks! I hope they have that specialty cheese at my Wal-Mart. My bet is that they will not, they hardly even have bread in stock.
Tiff, you are soooo pretty. It's funny how much I appreciate and see the beauty in other people that are pregnant when it is not myself :) I am so excited for you being pregnant. Your pictures are just beautiful of your family!
Sounds yummy, I think I'll try it (minus the mushrooms, though) :)
Post a Comment