Wednesday, October 14, 2009


We went to Atlamont to celebrate Grandma and Grandpa's 50th Wedding Anniversary. It was a real nice party and I think it is amazing for two people to be married that long. I love Marianne and Jim with all my heart!

Amanda and Ava


Sunset on our trip home.


Grandpa and Grandma with all but 1 of their grandkids.
Jacee was excited to see the lake and the kayak. He assured me that he had a merit badge in kayaking and could easily do it. So this is the before picture...
Here he is taking off, hey he really can do it!
Oh how fun and peaceful.
Travis wants to go out too.
Everything looks good here,I guess I will go find where Brooklyn has went to.
What! Jacee fell in the lake? What the $*#@!
Well he is smiling so it must not be that bad. Luckily Travis was there to give him a lift back to shore. Thanks again Travis!


At least a half a dozen people offered their jackets and blankets to warm him up (I was touched). It was chilly so the worry of hypothermia was possible.
Grandma and Grandpa were worried and did every thing they could to make sure he was ok. I wasn't really that worried until later and then I was so upset thinking about what could have happened. I asked him if he was scared and he said the only thing he even thought about while in the lake was if the $5 bill in his pocket was ok. I am so glad he was ok and I think he needs more lessons in kayaking.
The lady that owned the cabin let Jacee borrow some sweats and dried his clothes for him which was really nice. Lucky him he got to wear them in all of the pictures too!
Kids and Cattails.


One last one of Ava and her cute little smile.

6 comments:

Kara said...

Im so glad Jacee was ok. Krissa kept asking why he didnt have a life jacket on. haha Love all the pictures especially the one of Ava's smile. Please bring her to Idaho=)

Baum Family said...

Jacee is such a good kid, I glad he's all right. Paul said he was going to jump in and help him, he's a good swimmer for an old dude. lol
So good to see you and to get to kiss Ava's checks, I have waited so long for that..
Here's Janets web site for the picture she took the are not on yet I wish she'd get her butt in gear lol
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/store.aspx?p=29806

Norris Fam said...

The real question...did his $5 bill survive???

Brittany said...

Sounds fun! And, I too would like to know if the $5 survived? I love the smile on Ava, I can't believe she is old enough to be smiling! Such a sweetie.

Defa's said...

Yes the $5 is safe and sound in my bag. He still hasn't remembered that I have it and it may not be safe for long if he doesn't get it soon.

Holly-Ava loved you kissing her cheeks and I have no doubt that Paul would have saved Jacee. He is such a good guy.

Kara-Tell Krissa that Jacee should have been wearing a life jacket and she should learn a lesson from his mistake.

Lindsay Family said...

In Altamont and no visit??? I'm hurt.