Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pretty Pirouette

Brooklyn has been taking ballet since January. I have just loved the cute little ballet shoes and trying out new buns. She really likes to go.

I was really excited to watch Brooklyn's first performance. Everything went really smooth in getting her ready and getting there on time. We dropped her off with her teacher and then went to sit down. I am so proud of myself, everything is running like clockwork. OH CRAP! I forgot my $28 tickets. The boys both had somewhere else to be to so weren't able to go. Therefore I paid for 2 more tickets then I even needed. Now I had none. They let us in and said I could just watch for my seats ( assigned seats and I knew approximately where they were). Finally they opened up so we sat down. "What these are your seats? Ok Sorry." Now we were down to zero seats again.





















Oh the curtain is opening. I choked back a tear when I seen them from my standing position. So pretty and precious. This night is like a fairy tale.





I mean really, isn't this cute enough? I don't even need to see the dance. Ava must have heard me say that because she is crying and spinning in my arms. Marco and I are both covered in graham cracker drool. Why is she so grumpy? Doesn't she know I've been excited to watch this performance? Now I am crying. No seats, screaming baby, back hurts from carrying camera, purse, flowers. Just keep it together, Brooklyn is doing so well and that's all that matters.













What you want an ice cream out of the vending machine? Oh no sweetheart. We have to eat dinner and then maybe we can have ice cream. Doesn't that sound like fun? Now get up off the ground you're smudging your pretty pink ballerina costume. Now everyone is staring. Now your make-up is running. Stop screaming and calm down. What the crap is wrong with you!Time-out rock just outside. Oh look there is your pediatrician. So nice to run in to him right now.

All of the Dad's gave their daughters roses and took them off the stage. She loved that part.

THE END

6 comments:

Kara said...

OH my gosh I was laughing out loud when you wrote "oh look there is our pediatrician." Ha ha She even looked beautiful with tears running down her face. And I can't believe Ava is standing. Tell her to quit growing up =)

Just Us said...

You crack me up. I can feel your back pain right now. She looks beautiful. I totally cried watching my girls dance in their first performance too.

Christie said...

This totally sounds like a post taken from MY blog, lol

If it makes you feel any better, I take comfort in knowing Im not the only one who gets herself in high-stress situations...

Brooklyn looks adorable, tears and all....

{{{HUGS}}}

Jaynie said...

Love it!

Jones Family said...

Awwww! so precious :)

Baum Family said...

You are so funny..I glad you can make me laugh at your misery..She looks so pretty..I'd been crying the whole time too..Sorry about your bad but good day love ya..