Sunday, December 13, 2009

Look who's 10!


My baby boy is ten years old. He was out of bed real easy on this school morning ready to open his gifts. He got a Nerf gun that shoots Nerf darts 3 per second. What was I thinking? Just a fun fact: Nathan will be 10 in 2010 and the same age as the year every year. So I will never forget how old he is...unless I forget the year too.
He took his 2 friends Christian and Tyler to Laser Mania. First he played Deal or no Deal and kept the 10 case. He ended up winning the highest amount of tickets, 400! It was kind of exciting in an arcade kind of way. I stayed with the girls while the boys played laser tag. Marco didn't really want to do it but came out of there wanting to play again. So what if he was sweating buckets and had a welt on his forehead. I'm not kidding he really did. Then they talked Marco into letting them ride the bumper cars. It was really touching to see these boys laugh so much. I almost didn't go at all but their laughter made me so glad that I did. Cute, cute, crazy boys.
Nathan asks every year if he can put his face in the cake and I always say no. So this year when he asked I said no but you can put it in this cake. I bought a little one just for his face. I think this was the best gift anyone ever gave him. The boys were hysterical. Nathan was trying to feed them pieces out of his hand. When I gave him a plate with cake and ice cream he said he wanted to eat the one he just massacred so I plopped a scoop of ice cream on top of the muddled mess. He really was happy. He could not breath for the frosting blocking his nostrils but he was happy.






I asked to get one photo of the 3 of them and these are a few of that attempt.
Nathan definitely brings life into our house. He has a good little heart and has a huge place in mine. Happy Birthday Punk!

2 comments:

Kara said...

We love nathan too. Im so glad he finally got to put his face in the cake. Happy Birthday Nathan=)

Baum Family said...

That is the cutest thing ever..Glad he and his Dad had a good day lol
You made it all possible :)
Happy birthday Nathan love you..