Jacee's scout leader called me last Tuesday night to let me know that Jacee had hit his head pretty bad playing Foosball. They wanted me to meet them over at a friends house who is a Dr. While I was concerned and worried I was also baffled as to how one gets a head injury playing Foosball. Isn't that a table game? Turns out it was human Foosball where the kids were holding on to rods of some sort being connected and trying to kick the ball. Jacee went for a kick and fell straight back on his head on the gym floor. When I got to him he was just not himself and pretty light headed. It took a while for him to respond to questions although he did answer them correctly. His eyes were kind of glassy or cloudy and he just acted like he didn't know what was going on. I was advised to take him to the emergency room so off we went. We were admitted right away. The Dr. there asked Jacee if he knew the date today and Jacee responded "February 8th." I thought oh no he thinks it is next week but it turns out it was the 8th and I was the one confused. The Young Mens president was nice enough to stay with us the entire time we were at the ER. Marco was out of town for work in Denver and Kathy and Danielle helped out so much by watching my kids. Danielle even spent the night at my house. She is so good to me. I am so thankful to everyone who helped me out.Anyway...they told me I could probably take him home and just watch him through the night but after doing a Cat scan they found what might be a contusion on the front of his brain and bruising on the back. I guess he hit so hard that the impact hit his brain on the front of his skull. So Jacee got an ambulance ride over to the other hospital to spend the night.
I met up with him there where Jacee was watching Napoleon Dynamite. He looked better but was still having a hard time responding normally and was still dizzy. We got to bed around 1:30 am while the nurses came in frequently to check on him. They shined a flashlight in his eyes and asked him questions. I thought we would go home first thing in the morning but they kept us there until around 2:00 in the afternoon. They were all so nice and brought him video games, movies and snacks. He is doing much better now and has to go in for a check-up next week.
He told me later on that he wanted to tell us things but couldn't find the words to say them. He said he wanted to write stuff down but didn't think his hands would work. Brain injuries are scary and I am so thankful he is ok. Now when I ask him to do something he says he has a concussion.
Sickness has finally found it's way to our house. Not that I wanted his company but I guess I was expecting him. Ava has been hit the hardest with a cough, high fever,ear infection and all the fun that comes with that. Brooklyn has had a cold and cough with fever and headache.

3 comments:
Im so gald everyone is ok. Poor Ava and Brooklyn look miserable. Give them a kiss from me.
Scary! I am glad he is ok. Glad your cute girls are feeling better.
Glad Jacee is okay.. He is turning into his dad lol
Hope the girls get feeling better, Take care of yourself too, Looks like you still got your sense of humor, you cool like that :)
Post a Comment